Jump to content

Recent News

SIm City 2013 Beta Now Live!

* * * * *
The closed beta for SimCity 2013 is now accepting sign ups. You will have to be picked to get the beta, but anyone can sign up. The signup is now live and can be found by clicking this news item. You will need a Origin Account.

31 Comments

I willing to get the Sim City Beta!!! :D
what is the dxdiag file they are asking for??

what is the dxdiag file they are asking for??

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

It's that txt-file you need to send.
I just resigtered for the beta, can't wait to try this reboot out!
Anything to do after we get the "Thanks for Registering" page?
you cant say beta now live when tne signups just started :P
the beta sign-up server crashed! hahaha! they can't even handle beta requests and they want to make this game online and server-side dependent!

What's more the game will be more server-intensive due to simulating tens of thousands of objects.
If they are looking for very active gamers, I'm perfect for it :D Signed up :3
hehe...as long as it's free, why not xD
I'm playing this basically for a demo to finally address my issues with this game.

rusummer1, on , said:

what is the dxdiag file they are asking for??

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests

It's that txt-file you need to send.

Dude, I'm using Windows Explorer. ._.

Smokki, on , said:

rusummer1, on , said:

what is the dxdiag file they are asking for??

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests

It's that txt-file you need to send.

Dude, I'm using Windows Explorer. ._.

Windows 7*
Photo
A Nonny Moose
Aug 15, 2012 - 07:28 AM
People who don't know how to run the standard utilities should think twice about participating in a Beta test of anything. It is not for the faint of heart.

I don't feel like fighting it out with a Beta since I am on Linux and this game is likely to drive wine's Beta into an unmentionable place. Lately, it has been build-of-the-day as it is.
wonder if the information in dxdiag changes anything or not.
i was take it from my work computer :D
It probably does. I don't think EA would want someone with a broken or weird Direct X to test it. Also the run app in on every windows I think, it doesn't matter what internet browser you use. The start button is the little windows icon on the bottom left (assuming you didn't change it's spot)
Photo
yaya200player
Aug 15, 2012 - 11:24 AM
"File upload error. Could not move uploaded file.

DXDIAG file is required."

Some men just want to watch me burn the whole world.
I wont get it :( I have a 2002 Computer lol
Error sending the file. Tested on Firefox, Chrome and IE.
Not possible to manually the path of file. Browse always give a wrong path "C:\Fakepath\Dxdiag.txt".

Error sending the file. Tested on Firefox, Chrome and IE.

Same here. Even tried creating C:\Fakepath and putting dxdiag.txt in it and it still didn't work

Epilef, on , said:

Error sending the file. Tested on Firefox, Chrome and IE.

I'm having the same issue here... IE10, chrome, if it helps...

TheDinozRule, on , said:

Smokki, on , said:

rusummer1, on , said:

what is the dxdiag file they are asking for??

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests

It's that txt-file you need to send.

Dude, I'm using Windows Explorer. ._.

Windows 7*

type dxdiag in the search bar, it should find something saying "dxdiag" run it and follow smokki's instructions
Guess that is their way of saying "Do not sign up"
Rename your DXDiag file to your EA username or any unique name, they will not accept just DXdiag

Please delete the other comment

Please delete the other comment

This solved the problem. Thanks!

Solved my problem too. Thanks LReyome